Building Services Technician
Good at DIY? Have a Level 2 Electrical Qualification? Experience in building services within Hospitality? We may have the perfect role for you! Come and work as a Building Services Technician with an enthusiastic, hard-working, professional maintenance team.
The Lensbury situated by Teddington Lock, Middlesex was constructed in the early 1930’s. It is set within 25 acres of landscaped grounds. Facilities include a 4* Hotel, Conference Centre, Events and Special Occasions, leisure and a premium leisure club. The Lensbury is a piece of the countryside in the Heart of Teddington.
- Undertake common planned preventive maintenance and reactive maintenance tasks to Lensbury’s building services and fabric ( HVAC systems, plumbing and drainage, electrical and mechanical works, pool plant operation, chemical dosage systems and general maintenance)
- Provide general assistance to all departments when required, this position is part of the building services team but offers assistance flexibly across the business on all maintenance and general decoration duties, including painting, renovating and cleaning as required, of all Lensbury areas
- Inspect, test and maintain electrical and mechanical plant, equipment and systems; be able to identify common faults, i.e. excessive noise, bearing wear and overheating, taking appropriate action when possible to repair / replace make safe defective equipment and inform the Building Services Manager of any engineering plant or equipment showing deterioration
- Ensure up to date knowledge of and compliance with IEE regulations as standard; attend training as required to maintain this
- As and when required (if suitable license/ insurance age requirements) drive Lensbury vehicles to collect materials / spares etc. from suppliers off site or provide further assistance moving equipment around the Lensbury site
- Ensure adequate stocks of replacement parts are held on site
- Enforce Lensbury Health & Safety requirements as detailed in the Employment Manual and contingency manual e.g. fire, ambulance emergency etc. and take on responsibility as part of the Emergency response team in the event of an emergency
- Work with System Administrator and update and operate the computer aided facilities management system – CAFM Explorer
- Undertake control of systems and plans using the Building Management System (BMS)
- Participate in call out rota providing evening, weekend and holiday cover as required to work outside contracted hours, meeting the business requirements, in advance agreement with the Building Services Manager and with the Head of Facilities and Engineering
What we are looking for?
- Minimum Level 2 Electrical Qualification with 17th Edition or equivalent
- Experience in building services within a Hotel & Leisure environment
- Demonstrate a hands on approach with good technical skills
- Experience in the maintenance of electrical distribution systems and installations
- Understanding of Water Hygiene
- Good knowledge and able to use BMS
- Good knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems and equipment to include: Fire Alarms, Power Distribution systems, AHU, FCU, Pumps, Heating/cooling systems and equipment, Water Softeners, Lighting systems and their controls
- General DIY skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Acts with integrity
- Good standard of oral and written presentation
- Time management and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise work and multi-task under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable
- Computer literacy (Word, PowerPoint, Excel – basic level)
- Level 3 Electrical Qualification or equivalent is desirable
- Pool Plant Operators Qualification is preferable
- Knowledge of Swimming Pool operating systems is desirable
Terms & Conditions:
- 39 hours per week
- To include Evening and Weekends
- 5 over 7 day shift pattern
- £28,000 per annum
- Uniform provided.
- Free meals whilst on duty.
- Use of some leisure facilities including swimming & gym.
- Paid annual leave of 4 x weekly contracted hours + Bank Holiday entitlement
- Non-contributory pension scheme and BUPA on service criteria.
- Excellent training and development opportunities
Please note due to volume of CV’s, if you have not been contacted within 10 days of your application, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted on this occasion.
For more information or to apply, please submit a full cover letter and CV to Personnel@Lensbury.com