Business Development Manager
Do you have experience within the Hotel/Hospitality or Leisure industry? A proven record of successful business development and sales increase? Come and work at the luxurious Lensbury hotel as our Business Development Manager.
The Lensbury situated by Teddington Lock, Middlesex was constructed in the early 1930’s. It is set within 25 acres of landscaped grounds. Facilities include a 4* Hotel, Conference Centre, Events and Special Occasions, leisure and a premium leisure club. The Lensbury is a piece of the countryside in the Heart of Teddington.
The Business Development Manager is strongly focused on generating new business specifically targeting local accounts. The position will involve internet research, account profiling, telesales, visiting clients and agents, appointment setting, database inputting, information analysis and reporting as well as networking to develop business.
- A proven seller of accommodations through coordination of outbound venue sales activities.
- Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers.
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs.
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
- Generate face to face appointments on and off site.
- Achieve agreed upon sales budget/targets and outcomes within schedule.
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments.
- Analyse the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports.
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Ensure all customers details are filed and recorded accurately as per the hotels systems and processes.
- Ensure all show rounds are delivered as per The Lensbury standard.
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends and to continuously improve through feedback.
- Be conversant with all Health and Safety requirements, ensuring all relevant legislation and Lensbury procedures are met.
- Ensure all Near Misses, Unsafe Conditions/Acts and Accidents are logged on the relevant system.
- Ensure safety by enforcing Lensbury Health & Safety requirements as detailed in the Employment Manual, departmental operating procedures and risk assessments.
- Ensure all expenses are filled each month on the agreed document and presented to the manager for authorising.
- Ensure that at all times you conduct yourself professionally and deliver the Lensbury Code of Practice.
- Work with colleagues to reduce energy costs and consumable waste across the Club.
- Work flexibly to achieve Lensbury Standards throughout the organisation
- Attend events as a representative of The Lensbury and clientele as required.
- Carry out other duties as identified from time to time.
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the following attitude, behaviours, skills, and values:
- Previous experience within Sales, ideally within the Hotel/Hospitality or Leisure industry.
- Proven record of successful business development and sales increase.
- Computer literate with experience of working with Excel, Word and Hospitality Systems.
Please note due to volume of CV’s, if you have not been contacted within 10 days of your application, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted on this occasion.
To apply, please submit a full cover letter and CV to Personnel@Lensbury.com