Leisure Club and Spa General Manager
Experience within the fitness industry? Strong People Management Skills? Work well under pressure? Then why not come and work at the luxurious Lensbury hotel as our Leisure Club and Spa General Manager.
The Lensbury situated by Teddington Lock, Middlesex was constructed in the early 1930’s. It is set within 25 acres of landscaped grounds. Facilities include a 4* Hotel, Conference Centre, Events and Special Occasions, leisure and a premium leisure club. The Lensbury is a piece of the countryside in the Heart of Teddington.
The Club Manager has line management responsibility for Membership Administration, our Leisure complex (incorporating Gym, Pool, Fitness studios, crèche), Spa and Watersports Centre.
- Ensuring the highest standard of all Club areas and activities by management and improvement of Health & Safety procedures and processes.
- Effective management of your direct team; lead by example and motivate and develop.
- Expand membership numbers and revenue.
- Ensuring the smooth operation of Membership, all Club departments and all Leisure activities, providing guidance and advice as needed to operational staff.
- Developing and promoting a full programme of sports, leisure and event offers in line with the membership strategy.
- Developing the Club’s long term and annual business plans to accord with the Lensbury’s Business Plan.
- Produce, monitor and control budgets and be proactive in maintaining and exceeding financial goals.
- Produce management and KPI reports for Board reviews.
- Manage Club pricing policies for membership, events, courses etc
- Implementing and cultivating the customer service programme across the Club, building positive relations with members and potential customers.
- Manage and oversee some construction and refurbishment projects alongside the Facilities Manager and Director of Operations.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience in a similar role within the Fitness Industry is essential
- 2:1 Degree in Health & Fitness Management is preferable
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build relationships and influence and inspire at all levels.
- Strong People Management Skills
- Exceptional customer service focus with a desire to improve internal and external customer/membership needs
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Good knowledge of preparing budgets and reports
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional PC skills
Terms and Conditions:
- 39 hours per week
- Competitive Salary
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Paid annual leave of 4x weekly contracted hours, plus bank holiday entitlement
- Use of The Lensbury’s leisure facilities including gym & swimming pool
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Non-contributory pension scheme and BUPA on service criteria.
Please note due to volume of CV’s, if you have not been contacted within 10 days of your application, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted on this occasion.
To apply, please submit a full cover letter and CV to Personnel@Lensbury.com