Do you have Strong leadership skills? Strong understanding of all commercial operations? Excellent organisation skills? Come work at the luxurious Lensbury hotel as our commercial director.
As Commercial Director, you will lead efforts to increase sales, revenue, reservations, and group and event marketing through the development of new and the expansion of existing business.
- Be responsible for devising the commercial strategy across all business units and market segments.
- Deliver upon the objective of proposing and executing the revenue and pricing strategy.
- Drive positive RevPAR performance, outperform the competition and grow market share.
- Be responsible for providing insight, expertise and analysis of the performance on a regular basis to the senior team and owner’s representatives.
- Ensure the strategy is executed at hotel level by segment and channel based on key performance metrics.
- Drive continuous improvement looking to automate routine repeatable processes across the business.
- Ensure the RMS (revenue management system) set-up is optimised to achieve strategy.
- Review and analyse, in a proactive manner, rate and inventory management and strategy effectiveness.
- Lead effective efforts to coordinate strategies for group sales and to optimise conversion.
- Provide guidance for local marketing initiatives.
- Communicate Revenue Management Standards and best practices.
- Develops short, medium and long-term strategies for the hotel and provide consultative support to other commercial support functions.
- Make recommendations to take full advantage of revenue opportunities.
- Train team members to understand key selling strategies and revenue management, including new revenue tools, Key Performance Indicator (KPIs) tracking.
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the following attitude, behaviours, skills, and values:
- A strong understanding of all commercial operations, including reservations, selling strategies across all business units and segments, account management, development of relationships within various source markets, establishment and maintenance of budgets, and revenue strategies and yield systems.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build relationships and influence at all levels.
- Full understanding and forecast of property revenue streams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Ability to work well under time pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a full understanding of professional ethics, decorum and social skills required for extensive interaction with customers and owners.
- Ability to perform critical analysis.
- Strong experience in hospitality forecasting, pricing and inventory control.
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate a high-performing team positioned to exceed targets.
- Strong people management skills.
- Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges.
- Excellent selling capabilities and the ability and desire to coach selling techniques to Team Members.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of the hotel property management systems.
- Significant experience in revenue management or a similar analytical role.
- Intermediate to advance computer proficiency.
- Relevant degree, in business development or other relevant business field, from an academic institution.
Please note due to volume of CV’s, if you have not been contacted within 10 days of your application, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted on this occasion.
To apply, please submit a full cover letter and CV to Personnel@Lensbury.com