Director of Operations
Do you have a degree or diploma in Hotel Management? Strong commercial acumen? Experience of managing a Club or Leisure facility? Strong leadership skills? Come work at the luxurious Lensbury hotel as our Director of Operations.
The Lensbury situated by Teddington Lock, Middlesex was constructed in the early 1930’s. It is set within 25 acres of landscaped grounds. Facilities include a 4* Hotel, Conference Centre, Events and Special Occasions, leisure and a premium leisure club. The Lensbury is a piece of the countryside in the Heart of Teddington.
- Overall operational management of the Hotel and Club facilities; ensuring Heads of Department achieve and exceed their revenue and Guest satisfaction targets.
- Effective line management of Heads of Department and Club General Manager, ensuring clear performance objectives and KPI’s are set in line with the business strategy.
- Ensure all areas of the Hotel and Club facilities are operating to a consistently high standard at all times.
- Assist the development of meaningful, achievable hotel budgets and other short and long term hotel strategic goals.
- Provide effective leadership to the hotel management team, and team members to ensure targets are met and exceeded.
- Respond to audits that are completed by the company to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the service delivery of all operational departments in order to meet and exceed guest expectations.
- Comply and exceed hotel and company Service Standards.
- Ensure that costs are controlled throughout the operational departments and Club facilities, and that results are analysed regularly to highlight problem areas and take appropriate action.
- Manage and develop the Heads of Department to ensure career progression and effective succession planning within the hotel and company.
- Seek and respond to Guest feedback in order to achieve positive outcomes and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Work in conjunction with the Managing Director, to actively manage key property issues.
- Hold regular briefings and communication meetings with the HOD team.
What we’re looking for:
To successfully fill this role, you must possess the following qualifications, attitude, behaviours, skills, and values:
- A degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent.
- Strong commercial acumen, preferably with experience in Food and Beverage or Rooms Management.
- Experience of managing a Club or Leisure facility of a similar size and standard.
- Experience in managing budgets, revenue proposals and forecasting results.
- In-depth knowledge of the hotel, leisure and service sector.
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve high level of performance and exceed targets.
- Accountable and resilient.
- Ability to work under pressure.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of the hotel property management systems.
- Previous experience in the same or similar role.
Please note due to volume of CV’s, if you have not been contacted within 10 days of your application, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted on this occasion.
To apply, please submit a full cover letter and CV to Personnel@Lensbury.com