Conference and Banqueting Supervisor
Are you passionate about the service industry? Do you have experience in a multi – functional centre? Are you knowledgeable in AV? Do you thrive when managing a team? The Lensbury could be the place for you! Come and work as our Conference and Banqueting Supervisor with a lovely, friendly team in our thriving conference centre within beautiful surroundings.
The Lensbury is full of surprises, nestled on the banks of the River Thames and set in 25 acres of beautiful landscaped grounds on the banks of the River Thames. The award-winning hotel boasts unrivalled indoor and outdoor leisure facilities, a luxury spa and a hi-tech Conference Centre.
- Reporting to Operations Manager to agree a flexible rota
- Setting up and preparation of meeting, function rooms
- Check daily that all rooms in use are unlocked, clean and presentable, and set out according to the Guest Services SOP for room set ups.
- Ensure all AV equipment is in good working order, reporting any faults to the IT Department and Operations Manager.
- Occasionally assisting with the replacement of lighting, and reporting any mechanical equipment, and any refurbishment.
- Undertaking minor repair duties to furniture and fittings as required, to include the removal and replacement of furniture etc.
- Ensure security of the building and safe storage of all equipment.
- Carry out opening and closing procedures.
- Supervise and carry out all general customer portering duties as required, including transporting luggage to rooms.
- Carry out the cleaning and refurbishment of furniture and carpets as required to ensure the presentation of all areas is maintained.
- Assist with gritting of all areas during cold periods
- Drive Club vehicles, organise the running of the Lensbury shuttle service and ensure the vehicle (electric) is well maintained, fully charged and clean at all times.
- Ensure the department is energy efficient to meet sustainability targets and work with colleagues to reduce energy costs and consumable waste across the site.
- Ensure the Guest Services team adhere to The Lensbury code of conduct and carry out their other duties.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to enhance the service standards throughout the operation
- Excellent communication, guest service and time management skills
- Have the technical know-how and capabilities on audio, video and other media services equipment.
- Ability to set up and troubleshoot AV equipment in a fast paced environment
- Able to organise, plan ahead and manage a team of up to 5
- Excellent computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Visio and CAD.
Terms & Conditions/Benefits:
- 39 hours per week on rotating team shifts
- £23,000 – £25,000 per annum
- Paid annual leave of 20 days plus Bank Holiday entitlement.
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Free use of The Lensbury’s leisure facilities including gym & swimming pool.
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
Please note due to volume of CV’s, if you have not been contacted within 10 days of your application, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted on this occasion.
For further information or to apply please e-mail personnel@Lensbury.com