Leisure Front of House Manager
Experience supervising or managing a team? Passion for hospitality? Excellent organisation and communication skills? We may have the perfect role for you! Come and lead our wonderful, enthusiastic leisure reception team at the stunning Lensbury hotel, set within beautiful surroundings.
The Lensbury is a part of the London and Regional Hotels Group, who have a portfolio of over 17,000 bedrooms worldwide; including City Centre, Country Estates, and Resort destinations.
The Lensbury is a beautiful and unique property situated by Teddington Lock, Middlesex, and was constructed in the early 1930’s. It is set within 25 acres of landscaped grounds, and our facilities include a 4* Hotel, a Conference Centre, onsite Dining, Weddings, Events and Special Occasions, leisure activities including Rugby, Tennis, Watersports and Spa facilities, and a premium leisure members club and gym, with a 25 metre swimming pool.
The Lensbury truly is a piece of the countryside in the Heart of Teddington.
- Manage the efficient operation of the Leisure Reception area.
- Assist with departmental objectives, work schedules, policies and procedures.
- To be visible and actively involved in the Leisure Receptions at peak times.
- Schedule bi-monthly departmental meetings and ensure minutes are produced and distributed.
- Manage the ADP process
- Manage key projects within the Leisure Reception area as and when required.
- Line manage the Leisure Receptionists. This includes holding regular catch-up meetings, annual PDRs, managing sickness absence and holiday requests and addressing performance issues as per company procedures.
- Liaise with the Human Resources Department for all staff related matters including staff performance and employee relations issues.
- Liaise with Human Resources in order to recruit, hire, train and develop staff, who will contribute to the future growth of the Company.
- Carry out regular, effective and recorded staff training as required to meet legislative and customer service requirements.
- Ensure the teams have current knowledge of The Lensbury’s products, services and pricing.
- Ensure all Leisure Receptionists deliver exceptional customer service standards to our members and guests.
- Develop Operational systems (SOP’s) to ensure the delivery of service excellence to your team.
- Handle member complaints in order to maintain member satisfaction and retention.
- Ensure uniform standards are adhered to at all times and staff appear professional and well groomed.
- Actively seek feedback to continually improve the customer experience.
What we are looking for?
- Previous experience supervising or managing a team within a similar sector
- Experience setting objectives and implementing procedures is preferable
- Be able to deliver high standards of service, with a real passion for hospitality
- Have the ability to remain calm during difficult situations and be able to work under pressure in a very busy environment.
- Well-presented and with excellent customer service skills
- Someone with a warm personality, be genuinely interested in building lasting working relationships within the hotel.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
Terms & Conditions
- 39 hours per week
- Flexible shift pattern to cover evenings and weekends
- £21,000 per annum
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Paid annual leave of 4x weekly contracted hours, plus bank holiday entitlement
- Use of The Lensbury’s leisure facilities including gym & swimming pool
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Non-contributory pension scheme and BUPA on service criteria.
Please note due to volume of CV’s, if you have not been contacted within 10 days of your application, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted on this occasion.
For more information or to apply, please submit a full cover letter and CV to Personnel@Lensbury.com