Meeting & Events Office Manager
Are you a people person? Have experience managing people within hospitality? Friendly, smiley and sociable? We may have the perfect role for you! Come and join our lovely, welcoming, enthusiastic conference team at the stunning Lensbury Hotel, set within beautiful surroundings.
The Lensbury is full of surprises, nestled on the banks of the River Thames and set in 25 acres of beautiful landscaped grounds on the banks of the River Thames. The award-winning hotel boasts unrivalled indoor and outdoor leisure facilities, a luxury spa and a hi-tech Conference Centre.
- To co-ordinate the administration of the Conference Centre ensuring efficient operation at all times.
- Ensure agreed service standards, including administrative procedures, are provided to all conference and event customers, liaising with other departments as required.
- Liaise with the Sales team to promote the Conference and Events facilities including show rounds and exhibitions.
- Manage the Special Events function within the Hotel.
- Achieve the Conference & Events annual budgeted targets.
- Propose and agree a Hotel and Conference booking policy to ensure optimum yield management of all areas.
- Act as coach to Events staff to train and develop in line with business requirements, ensuring the Events and Technical staff meet business requirements and good working relations are maintained.
- Develop good working relationships with all customers ensuring all customer services expectations are met in line with Standards of Performance.
- Ensure timely replacement of equipment and furniture and implement investment plans to upgrade and maintain the building to a high standard.
- Review and maintain, procedures for the control and administration of purchasing.
- Develop and provide regular Management Information to ensure the Senior Managers are informed of the current and future conference and events business.
- Ensure outstanding trade debtors are kept to a minimum by the application of efficient procedures.
- Be conversant with all health and safety aspects, ensuring that legislation relevant to the Conference Centre is met by maintaining and developing department risk assessments
- Ensure standards are maintained through the development of SOP manuals for all Operational staff.
- Ensure good working liaison with all departments and offer assistance whenever possible to other departments across the Hotel.
- Ensure the Lensbury team adheres to the principles of Star Standards and Hearts & Minds initiatives.
- Carry out other duties as required.
- Have experience within a similar role, ideally within a Hotel/Hospitality environment.
- Be friendly, smiley, sociable and welcoming to our customers.
- Remain calm, patient and polite, when receiving customer feedback.
- Be helpful and go out of your way to help our customers.
- Be confident and self-motivated, demonstrate a passionate and commitment to the business.
- Welcome and embrace change, with a positive attitude.
- Be honest and reliable, trustworthy and respectful.
- Be immaculately dressed.
- Maintain excellent time-keeping and attendance.
- Be professional at all times.
- Work together with the team to ensure that the business is the best it can be.
- Be able to communicate well with people of all levels.
- Supervise, train and develop others.
- Support, encourage and motivate others.
- Look for opportunity to improve areas of the business.
- Communicate clearly to colleagues and customers.
- Gain commitment of others by using own knowledge.
Terms & Conditions/Benefits:
- 39 hours per week
- £38,000 – £40,000 per annum
- Paid annual leave of 20 days plus Bank Holiday entitlement
- Uniform provided
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Free use of The Lensbury’s leisure facilities including gym & swimming pool.
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Non-contributory pension scheme and BUPA on service criteria
Please note due to volume of CV’s, if you have not been contacted within 10 days of your application, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted on this occasion.
For further information or to apply please e-mail email@example.com