Are you a night owl with a passion for hospitality? Experience of working within a Hotel? Able to work under pressure? Come and work as a Night Manager at the luxurious Lensbury Hotel set within stunning surroundings.
The Lensbury situated by Teddington Lock, Middlesex was constructed in the early 1930’s. It is set within 25 acres of landscaped grounds. Facilities include a 4* Hotel, Conference Centre, Events and Special Occasions, leisure and a premium leisure club. The Lensbury is a piece of the countryside in the Heart of Teddington.
- Oversee the daily night operation of the Hotel Club; to ensure the smooth running of each area.
- Respond promptly and be responsible for dealing with any emergency/crisis situations within the hotel at night, acting as first point of contact for staff, guests and emergency services as per the Hotel’s emergency procedures.
- Ensure all Conference and Events facilities are set up for the following day’s functions and events.
- Conduct nightly checks of all areas within the Hotel and Club.
- Record any incidents, complaints and/or problems arising during the night shift.
- Ensure all administration and night audit reports are run on all systems and reconciled and completed to the hotel standard, liaising with relevant departments and/or night team where necessary.
- Maintain the highest level of hotel security, Health and Safety and Fire awareness.
- Organise and take responsibility for check in/check outs, and book-outs.
- Manage guest complaints in an efficient manner, and assist guests with requests.
- Oversee the Night Team; ensuring you motivate and manage your team.
- Conduct team training as needed.
- Support other departments as required.
What are we looking for?
- Must have previous experience of working within a Hotel.
- Previous experience as a Night Manager or Reception Supervisor, would be beneficial but not essential.
- You will have a warm personality, be genuinely interested in building lasting working relationships within the hotel.
- You will be able to deliver high standards of service, with a real passion for hospitality.
- You will have the ability to remain calm during difficult situations and be able to work under pressure in a very busy environment.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Previous experience of working nights is desirable.
- Be computer literate.
Terms and Conditions
- 39 hours per week
- £28,000 per annum
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Uniform provided
- Paid annual leave of 4x weekly contracted hours, plus bank holiday entitlement
- Use of The Lensbury’s leisure facilities including gym & swimming pool
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Non-contributory pension scheme and BUPA on service criteria.
Please note due to volume of CV’s, if you have not been contacted within 10 days of your application, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted on this occasion.
To apply, please submit a full cover letter and CV to Personnel@Lensbury.com