Hearts and Minds
Our Hearts & Minds programme aims to raise awareness of health and safety in all areas within Lensbury, creating a culture of safety awareness in all we do.
The Star Standards programme ensures a consistent approach by all team members to customer service, teamwork, health and safety and legal requirements. All employees are committed to meeting these standards – join our team and you could be the next Star of the Month!
Investors in People
Lensbury has been accredited as an Investor in People since 2001 and is committed to:
the standards of Investors in People
ensure staff are supported and developed
fully trained to meet the Star Standards
By achieving this award Lensbury has made a commitment to develop all employees in line with business objectives. As an Investors in People organisation, Lensbury regularly reviews individual business needs and plans the training and development of all employees. This includes regular evaluation of training and development to improve future effectiveness.
Positive about Disabled People
Lensbury was awarded the ‘Positive about Disabled People’. If an employer uses this symbol, it means they are positive about employing disabled people and will be keen to know about your abilities. The symbol is awarded by Jobcentre Plus to employers who have made commitments to employ, keep and develop the abilities of disabled staff. Employers who use the disability symbol make five commitments regarding recruitment, training, retention, consultation and disability awareness.
These commitments are:
to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities
to discuss with disabled employees, at any time but at least once a year, what both parties can do to make sure disabled employees can develop and use their abilities
to make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
to take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work
to review these commitments each year and assess what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let employees and Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans.
For full details of our access policy please download the document below:
The Lensbury Access Statement
For full details of our environment policy please download the document below:
Here are some of the things we do:
1. Motion sensitive lighting is being installed throughout the buildings at The Lensbury – we are 60% of the way through our plan to achieve this.
2. A 15 year programme of plant replacement focuses on putting in the most energy efficient heating, cooling & lighting systems available at time of replacement.
3. Energy saving lighting has been fitted where possible to over 90% of our buildings / areas. Access to natural light in buildings will be increased in The Lensbury e.g. by the addition of sun tubes where appropriate.
4.Waterless urinals are used throughout The Lensbury.
5. A Green Transport Plan including bike racks, changing facilities and large lockers (to accommodate bike helmets) as well as ride sharing, increased usage of public transport is in place and audited.
6. A free shuttle service, for peak transit times, is in place to link The Lensbury with the Teddington rail station.
7. Some toiletries, used in the The Lensbury accommodation, are designed to reduce waste.
8. Purchasing of food, beverage and business supplies are centralized to cut down on packaging and on the number of supplier trips required to supply The Lensbury.
1.The Lensbury recycles 85% of its waste. Glass, paper, cardboard, printer cartridges, metals are recycled.
2. Our food waste is macerated and stored in a large holding tank onsite. It is then collected, taken away to an anaerobic digestion plant where it is transformed into fuel cake . This is then utilised in biomass power plant. First Mile who provide waste collection services are registered as a carbon free business.
3. Our Grounds and Gardens department uses a rainwater collection system to provide water for machine cleaning.
4. We use recycled plastic matting as bases for our sand bunkers and playground flooring. These are constructed from recycled plastic and tyre material and form safe foundations that allow rain water through.
5. 85% wood from our trees is chipped and re-used. All felled trees are replanted.
6. Currently, all our waste vegetable oil is converted into biofuel.
1. We are looking into sustainable methods to produce a large proportion of our electricity.
2. Paper is re-used on reverse side before re-cycling.
3. For staff drinks, The Lensbury has a ‘no poly cups’ policy reducing the amount of polystyrene used in the business by using travel and coffee mugs.
NOW VALID ON CHRISTMAS PARTY NIGHT BOOKINGS TOO! The offer is applicable on new business placed and secured within 6 weeks of placing the...
Offer applies to new bookings for April 2017 only Offer is for day meetings only The subsequent booking must be of a similar size...
Find a hotel room by booking online
Check room availability & rates - Book online
You can check our hotel room availability and rates by selecting your preferred date and number of nights below.
or call our reservations team on 020 8614 6400