Assistant M&E Sales Manager
Careers at The Lensbury
Join our team.
All classes have to be booked in advance to avoid disappointment.
Monday & Sunday: 9.00am – 7.00pm
For further information or to speak with one of our team, please call
0208 614 6411
Learn about all the benefits of membership at The Lensbury Club and book your tour to visit.View Benefits
Come and join the team and experience working in a piece of the countryside in the heart of Teddington!
Set within 25 acres of amazing, landscaped grounds by Teddington Lock, The Lensbury boasts a 4* Hotel, Conference Centre, Events facilities and a premium Leisure Club.
To support the M&E Sales Manager and team in converting, planning and successfully delivering a wide range of conferences, meetings and events at The Lensbury. Building relationships with key clients and organising first-class events to maximise revenue and opportunities.
•To assist in the day-to-day running of the Meeting & Events office and work with the M&E Sales Manager, to ensure that the departmental standards are maintained in respect of quality and service and to deputise in the absence of the M&E Sales Manager.
• Assist in supporting and managing the team to plan, execute and follow up on all meetings and event enquiries, conversion, contracts, final details and direct liaison with the Client on the day of the event and co-ordinate the required activities to make the event run smoothly.
• Manage all aspects of an event from initial enquiry to post stage and handle in a professional and efficient manner in accordance with the Company and Hotel standards.
• Respond to all sales leads and clients to secure profitable business for the Company and Hotel
• Produce all relevant reports as requested within the agreed time scales, including financial reviews, budgets, future business, provisional leads and detailed function sheets.
• To liaise closely with Meetings & Events Operations and Kitchen departments within the Hotel to build up a close working relationship and highlight relevant information or special requests regarding specific events or functions.
• Handle complaints in a competent and professional manner, passing full details of any complaint promptly to the Events Manager/Director or Senior Management team.
• Assist in entertainment, promotional and marketing activities as requested e.g. client familiarisation trips.
Skill and Experience
• Previous experience of working in a reactive meeting and events sales role
• Strong commercial acumen, for winning new business, encouraging repeat customers and achieving targets
• Previous experience of motivating a team to maximise revenue and deliver service excellence
• An excellent eye for detail, for overseeing issue of quotes and contracts
• Excellent communication skills
• Friendly and approachable