Director of Food and Beverage
Careers at The Lensbury
Join our team.
All classes have to be booked in advance to avoid disappointment.
Monday & Sunday: 9.00am – 7.00pm
For further information or to speak with one of our team, please call
0208 614 6411
Learn about all the benefits of membership at The Lensbury Club and book your tour to visit.View Benefits
Conference & Banqueting Manager
The Director of Food & Beverage is responsible for the seamless running of the F&B Operations across our prestigious, 4* venue.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the F&B Director will oversee the day to day running and strategic planning of the F&B Operation, ensuring the delivery of service excellence and the highest levels of member and guest satisfaction across all F&B outlets at The Lensbury. They will also advise and assist in the creation and delivery of the forthcoming F&B renovation.
• Develop, implement and evaluate commercial strategy to deliver and exceed revenue targets, budget and set objectives to deliver guest satisfaction maximizing profitability.
• Analyse and control departmental costs, payroll, F&B and event profitability against budget and business performance, to ensure cost effectiveness.
• Establish all KPI’s for direct reports and set goals and objectives to ensure their accountability for successful performance and results.
• Plan, develop and implement departmental initiatives to close any budget shortfalls in advance combined with calendar of F&B upsell initiatives.
• Ensure presence at peak times in line with business demand to support the team.
• Interact with members / guests on a regular basis, to obtain direct real time feedback on quality, service and overall satisfaction taking immediate action to resolve when required.
• Be fully knowledgeable of all products and menus across all outlets. Review, evaluate and propose new menus in conjunction with Executive Head Chef.
• Explore and recommend innovative approaches to generate revenue performance.
• Positively promote sales awareness across all outlets to ensure team can maximise all sales opportunities.
• Liaise with Sales / Membership/ Events & Revenue offices to understand all in-house promotions, activities and package plans with Commercial Director and Revenue Manager.
• Be aware of local events, competitors and seasonal fluctuations to help in planning of activities. Maintain quarterly competitor analysis document.
• Collaborate with HR, taking an active role in the recruitment process and strategy and ensuring all F&B staff are being trained and developed appropriately.
• Champion transformational change and ensure all Lensbury business initiatives are implemented and communicated with follow up actions to teams as necessary.
• Ensure correct stock controls and accurate and timely ordering of all requirements for Food & Beverage to maintain set par levels.
• Undertake Duty Management shifts as and when required.
• Be fully conversant and maintain up to date knowledge of Liquor Licence regulations and ensure all F&B outlets are aware of, and adhere to, all relevant legislation. Be fully conversant with Premises Licence, Entertainment Licence and Civil Service Licence.
• Coordinate and liaise with the Facilities team to provide a comprehensive and proactive preventative maintenance program.
• Carry out any duty reasonably requested by the Operations Director and/or Managing Director and be flexible in assisting in response to business demand.
HEALTH, SAFETY & SECURITY
• Understand and comply with The Lensbury’s Health & Safety, Food Safety and Fire policies as well as all statutory regulations
• Attend all statutory and other training as & when required; ensuring F&B staff are fully conversant and aware of their obligations.
• Ensure all staff are trained and fully conversant in departmental emergency and evacuation plans