Join our team
Careers at The Lensbury
Check back this page regularly for the latest updates.
All classes have to be booked in advance to avoid disappointment.
Monday & Sunday: 9.00am – 7.00pm
For further information or to speak with one of our team, please call
0208 614 6411
Learn about all the benefits of membership at The Lensbury Club and book your tour to visit.View Benefits
Conference & Banqueting Manager
Part of London + Regional Hotels, The Lensbury Resort is located on the Banks of the River Thames at Teddington and is home to an exclusive leisure club with a gym, indoor pool, 24 tennis courts, 155- bedroom hotel, meetings and events space, restaurant and bar, spa and 25 acres of grounds and gardens.
The Director of Food & Beverage is responsible for the seamless running of the F&B Operations across our prestigious, 4* venue.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the F&B Director will oversee the day to day running and strategic planning of the F&B Operation, ensuring the delivery of service excellence and the highest levels of member and guest satisfaction across all F&B outlets at The Lensbury.
To advise and assist in the creation and delivery of the forthcoming F&B renovation.
• Develop, implement and evaluate commercial strategy to deliver and exceed revenue targets / budget and set objectives to deliver guest satisfaction maximizing profitability.
• Analyse and control departmental costs, payroll, F&B and event profitability against budget and business performance, to ensure cost effectiveness and accurate forecasts are submitted to achieve / exceed budget targets. Take action to control negative deviations.
• Submit all revenue forecasts when required and ensure meaningful commentary is provided to explain peaks / troughs in forecast. Maintain daily update of flash report.
• Monitor and track financial activity regarding discounts, billing instructions, and compliance with any hotel financial policies and procedures. Identify and investigate any anomalies that appear.
• Establish all KPI’s for direct reports and set goals and objectives to ensure their accountability for successful performance and results. Plan, develop and implement departmental initiatives to close any budget shortfalls in advance combined with calendar of F&B upsell initiatives.
• Manage staff rostering, absence and holidays, ensuring adequate staffing levels to meet with business demand, whilst optimising productivity and payroll costs.
• Ensure presence at peak times in line with business demand to support the team. Establish ‘on the floor’ service windows and ensure customer satisfaction is constantly delivered.
• Interact with members / guests on a regular basis, to obtain direct real time feedback on quality, service and overall satisfaction taking immediate action to resolve when required. Monitor overall service issues and identify recommendations for improvement.
• Respond verbally and in writing to positive and negative comments expressed by members / guests and develop strategies to improve.
• Be fully knowledgeable of all products and menus across all outlets. Review, evaluate and propose new menus in conjunction with Executive Head Chef. Maintain and communicate to L+R utilising the Food & Beverage calendar and ensure all diary invitations for cook off and tasting sessions are communicated by quarter and upheld.
• Oversee all POS operations and maintain menu item databases. Ensure technical skill amongst the team is adequate to overcome basic POS challenges day to day.
• Ensure all special events and promotions have been thoroughly checked for profitability with breakdown sign off before going to market including M&E and Member events.
• Monitor present and future industry trends, practices and systems, to remain competitive within the local marketplace and beyond, with a key focus on pop up trends and outdoor catering. Explore and recommend innovative approaches to generate revenue performance.
• Be aware of local events, competitors and seasonal fluctuations to help in planning of activities. Maintain quarterly competitor analysis document.
• Review and execute the necessary decisions required to ensure The Lensbury continues to move forward to achieve long term business goals.
• Develop and implement SOPs to ensure all employees understand and deliver the expectations, standards and parameters for all F&B outlets.
• Ensure that regular ongoing communication is taking place within Food & Beverage e.g. pre-shift briefings, weekly, monthly meetings etc, covering all appropriate topics to ensure the team is driving forward with the department and overall vision for The Lensbury.
• Ensure all administration and planning of the F&B outlets meet the daily needs of the operation ensuring that all decisions taken are in line with the business interests of The Lensbury.
• Positively promote sales awareness across all outlets to ensure team can maximise all sales opportunities.
• Liaise with Sales / Membership/ Events & Revenue offices to understand all in-house promotions, activities and package plans with Commercial Director and Revenue Manager. Ensure all elements of Food & Beverage costs are profitable and allocated correctly in advance.
• Collaborate with the Human Resources team, taking an active role in the recruitment process, driving the efficient replacement of vacancies as they arise and with a recruitment strategy in place.
• Develop key skills training for all Food & Beverage staff and recommend training and development plans to improve service levels and potential.
• Create succession plans where appropriate. Implement daily training schedule.
• Lead by example in demonstrating The Lensbury’s values to the team and other departments.
• Actively participate in ensuring the employee handbook is adhered to at all times and that all direct reports are fully conversant in their obligations in absence of the Director of Food & Beverage.
• Champion transformational change and ensure all Lensbury business initiatives are implemented and communicated with follow up actions to teams as necessary.
• Ensure correct stock controls and accurate and timely ordering of all requirements for Food & Beverage to maintain set par levels. Complete yearly inventory count of all crockery, glassware and equipment to coincide with end of financial year
• Undertake Duty Management shifts as and when required, ensuring the satisfaction and safety of all guest and welfare of team.
• Ensure attendance at all stipulated weekly meetings including Daily brief, Weekly Communications, BEO, Payroll or delegated authority in absence.
• Be fully conversant and maintain up to date knowledge of Liquor Licence regulations and ensure all F&B outlets are aware of, and adhere to, all relevant legislation.
• Be fully conversant with Premises Licence, Entertainment Licence and Civil Service Licence.
• Coordinate and liaise with the Facilities team to provide a comprehensive and proactive preventative maintenance program.
• Carry out any duty reasonably requested by the Operations Director and/or Managing Director and be flexible in assisting in response to business demand.
HEALTH, SAFETY & SECURITY
• Understand and comply with The Lensbury’s Health & Safety, Food Safety and Fire policies as well as all statutory regulations
• Attend all statutory and other training as & when required; ensuring F&B staff are fully conversant and aware of their obligations.
• Ensure all staff are trained and fully conversant in departmental emergency and evacuation plans.