Assistant Meeting & Events Sales Manager
Careers at The Lensbury
Join our team.
All classes have to be booked in advance to avoid disappointment.
Monday & Sunday: 9.00am – 7.00pm
For further information or to speak with one of our team, please call
0208 614 6411
Learn about all the benefits of membership at The Lensbury Club and book your tour to visit.View Benefits
We have an exciting new opportunity to join our M&E Sales team. As Assistant M&E Sales Manager, you will work with the M&E Sales Manager and team in converting, planning and successfully delivering a wide range of conferences, meetings and events at The Lensbury.
With experience in a similar role, you will be a pro at building relationships with key clients and organising first-class events to maximise revenue and opportunities.
• Assist in the day-to-day running of the Meeting & Events office, help ensure that the departmental standards are maintained.
• Deputise in the absence of the M&E Sales Manager.
• Assist in supporting and managing the team to plan, execute and follow up on all meetings and event enquiries, conversion, contracts, final details and direct liaison with the Client on the day of the event and co-ordinate the required activities to make the event run smoothly.
• Respond to all sales leads and clients to secure profitable business.
• Produce relevant reports within agreed time scales, including financial reviews, budgets, future business, provisional leads and detailed function sheets.
• Liaise closely with Meetings & Events Operations and Kitchen teams to build a close working relationship and highlight relevant information or special requests regarding specific events or functions.
• Handle complaints in a competent and professional manner, escalating where required.
• To ensure the correct processing of all membership details including but not limited to changes to personal or membership details, discounts, refunds, renewals, transfers, cancellations, freeze requests etc, ensuring that the membership SOP policy is always adhered to, and that the accurate collection of any relevant fees is applied;
• To check all commission submissions are in line with the T&C’s and any anomalies raised and managed in accordance with our commission scheme and specific SOP;
• To deliver daily, weekly, and monthly reports as set out and requested by the Club General Manager, and wider Executive Team;
• To actively coach, train and develop team members on an on-going basis;
• To address any performance issues that may arise promptly, fairly and in keeping with The Lensbury’s people management practices;
• To maintain a positive, productive working relationship with all other staff. Help to create an environment where all employees enjoy themselves whilst at work and make a real contribution to the success of the club and business;
• To ensure you comply with all GDPR requirements when handling customer data;
• To always aim to give the best possible service to members and prospective members, helping to create a warm, friendly, and welcoming atmosphere in the club;
• To ensure we have processes and procedures in place to deliver the best possible service and membership experience to members; helping to create a warm, friendly, efficient and welcoming environment across all communication channels;
• Assist in entertainment, promotional and marketing activities as requested e.g., client familiarisation trips.
What we’re looking for:
• Previous experience of working in a reactive Meeting & Events sales role in a similar business
• Strong commercial acumen - for winning new business, encouraging repeat customers and achieving targets
•Previous experience of motivating a team to maximise revenue and deliver service excellence
• An excellent eye for detail, for overseeing issue of quotes and contracts
• Excellent communication skills; friendly and approachable