Club General Manager
Careers at The Lensbury
Join our team.
Book your class, court or watersports online
please call 020 8614 6550
All classes have to be booked in advance to avoid disappointment.
Monday & Sunday: 9.00am – 7.00pm
For further information or to speak with one of our team, please call
0208 614 6411
Our Lounge Restaurant and Terrace is open for pre-bookings
For further information, please call a member of our team on
020 8614 6400
Learn about all the benefits of membership at The Lensbury Club and book your tour to visit.View Benefits
Join our team.
The Club General Manager will report directly to the Managing Director. The Club Manager has responsibility for Membership, the Leisure Complex (incorporating Gym, Pool, Fitness studios, Crèche), Spa, Watersports Centre, Racquet Sports and all sports and social activities. The Club General Manager sits on the Executive Team and is part of the senior management team of the Club.
- Driving membership numbers and revenue; revising Club structure and policies as applicable to promote loyalty whilst maintaining competitive and commercial advantage
- Membership engagement and feedback
- Member communication
- Member focus groups
• Leisure Complex/ Club Facilities (Spa/ Watersports/ Racquet Sports)
- Reviewing and implementing classes and programmes to meet members’ needs and drive revenue
- Upholding high standards across the resort (professional/ H&S/ standards)
- Leading the development of the Lensbury brand and retail offering
- Identifying, leading, and managing the development of new facilities/ systems and refurbishment projects alongside the Chief Engineer/ Ops Director/ IT Manager as applicable
• Sports and Social Activities
- Developing and promoting an exciting, busy programme of camps, sports, leisure, and social activities to drive member engagement across all demographics of the membership and generate revenue
- Managing associated contracts
- Upholding high standards (H&S/ professional)
• Customer Service
- Driving a strong customer service and high-performance culture across the staff, promoting excellence in all areas to build positive relations with members.
- Highly visible and present
- Producing and controlling budgets, driving revenue, and controlling costs, to achieve the Club’s annual budget.
- Managing KPIs and producing reports as required
- Leading Club pricing policies
• People Management
- Effective staff management: leading by example, motivating, training, and developing
What we’re looking for:
To be successful in this role, you must possess the following qualifications, attitude, behaviours, skills, and values:
• Previous experience in a similar role within the Leisure/ Club/Hospitality industry is essential
• 2:1 Degree in Sports Management/ Health & Fitness and CMA(E) qualification(s) preferable
• Strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to build relationships, influence and inspire at all levels.
• Exceptional customer service focus with a desire to improve internal and external customer/membership needs
• Ability to work well under pressure and a willingness to roll up your sleeves.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Numerate, attention to details, with sound knowledge of preparing and managing budgets and reports
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good sense of humour