Elite Sports Manager
Careers at The Lensbury
Join our team.
All classes have to be booked in advance to avoid disappointment.
Monday & Sunday: 9.00am – 7.00pm
For further information or to speak with one of our team, please call
0208 614 6411
Learn about all the benefits of membership at The Lensbury Club and book your tour to visit.View Benefits
Overall Job Purpose
As Elite Sports Manager you will be responsible for building relationships with key elite sports clients and organising first-class events to maximise revenue and opportunities from this unique segment. From initial enquiry through to delivery of the event, this exciting role will look after a wide range of elite sports bookings from extensive training camps to pre-match requirements, ensuring revenue and profitability are maximised at all times. The position will endeavour to maintain and develop The Lensbury’s reputation as the leading M&E and Elite sports venue in South West London.
As a senior member of the events team and wider M&E Sales office, this role will also be responsible for supporting the M&E Sales Manager with the effective management of the wider team and the smooth planning of a whole range of events, maximising revenue and commercial opportunities.
• Respond to enquiries and booking requests in a timely and professional manner, ensuring proposals are tailored to the clients bespoke requests.
• Alongside the Commercial Director, Resort Revenue Director and M&E Sales Manager quote, negotiate, and contract all elite sports bookings, ensuring revenue and profitability are maximised at all times.
• Prepare bespoke contracts for each elite sports booking, ensuring that the interests of The Lensbury are always protected, with relevant clauses to maximise revenue and offset risk as appropriate for the business.
• To assist in the running of the Meeting & Events office and work with the M&E Sales Manager, to ensure that the departmental standards are maintained in respect of quality and service and to deputise in the absence of the M&E Sales Manager.
• Support the M&E Sales Manager to grow and develop the events team into a confident and knowledgeable team with a strong team work ethic.
• Produce all relevant reports as requested within the agreed time scales, including financial reviews, budgets, future business, provisional leads and detailed function sheets.
• Maintain good management of the diary, ensuring bookings are confirmed in good time with deadlines in place.
• Arrange, host and coordinate site visits with a professional approach, ensuring all details are bespoke to the clients individual requirements.
• Maintain regular contact with key clients/accounts/agents to establish an excellent working relationship with our key contacts, building rapport, trust and loyalty.
• Produce comprehensive function sheets and/or briefing documents for the wider operational team, detailing key requirements, timings, arrangements and food and beverage needs with a focus on attention to detail.
• To deliver effective forecasting and activity planning to deliver against these targets.
• Work closely with the Resort Revenue Director on pricing for larger groups and with the Reservations Manager in coordinating rooming lists and bedroom allocations, ensuring revenue opportunities are always maximised.
• Act as a point of contact on behalf of the hotel and the client with external suppliers on all aspects.
• Working alongside the operational teams to develop our elite sports offering, including product offering, food and beverage offering and additional facilities.
• Manage the pitch usage and schedule in conjunction with Head Groundsman, collaborating on periods of rest and renovation whilst maximising the occupancy.
• Working alongside the wider events team to maximise the occupancy and room hire revenues generated from our meeting and event spaces, collaborating with the Diary Manager to ensure that bookings.
• To be aware of industry trends, perform regular competitor analysis of other elite sports venues and report regularly on performance and opportunities.
• Ensure payment and invoice deadlines are promptly met, whilst also ensuring the final invoice is prepared accurately and promptly to ensure satisfactory payment from the client.
• Proactively seek out new elite sports business opportunities and contact key bookers/contacts ahead of time anticipating requirements.
• Support the wider events team with the coordination of other M&E events as required, particularly large events and during elite sports off-season.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Good communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills
• Friendly and approachable with a flexible working style
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal
• Good computer literacy, candidates should possess good Microsoft office skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Project.
• Great organisational skills and use of initiative.
• The ability to work to tight deadlines and therefore be able to prioritise a workload effectively.
• A knowledge and passion for sport, particularly rugby and football.
• Previous experience of working in a reactive meeting and events sales role (previous experience working with Elite sports teams or clients highly desirable).
• Access to Hospitality Rewards; an online benefits portal
• Employee Assistance Programme via Health Assured
• Company events
• Company pension
• Cycle to work scheme
• Employee discount
• Free parking
• Life insurance (optional)
• On-site gym
• On-site parking
• Referral programme
• Sick pay