All classes have to be booked in advance to avoid disappointment.
Monday & Sunday: 9.00am – 7.00pm
For further information or to speak with one of our team, please call
0208 614 6411
Learn about all the benefits of membership at The Lensbury Club and book your tour to visit.View Benefits
As a Senior Chef de Partie in our all-day Restaurant, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of your designated section in the kitchen. You will work under the guidance of the Head Chef to deliver high-quality dishes and maintain consistency in food preparation. This role requires a strong culinary background, excellent organisational skills, and a passion for creating exceptional dining experiences.
• Prepare and cook dishes to the highest standards, following recipes and guidelines provided. Ensure that all food items are prepared in a timely manner, maintaining quality and presentation standards.
• Oversee and manage your designated section in the kitchen, ensuring a smooth and efficient workflow. Coordinate with the Head Chef and other team members to maintain optimal productivity.
• Working alongside the Sous Chefs and Executive Head Chef to ensure a consistent standard of food is delivered to The Lensbury’s guests.
• Uphold the highest standards of food quality, taste, and presentation. Conduct regular quality checks on ingredients and finished dishes, ensuring consistency and compliance with established standards.
• Contribute ideas for seasonal specials and innovative dishes, considering customer preferences, dietary restrictions, and cost-effectiveness.
• Assist in monitoring inventory levels and participate in stock rotation to minimise wastage. Report any shortages or discrepancies to the Head Chef and contribute to the efficient ordering process.
• Support and mentor the Commis Chefs and Apprentices, providing guidance on cooking techniques, safety procedures, and maintaining high culinary standards.
• Follow strict hygiene, health, and safety guidelines, ensuring compliance with food handling regulations and cleanliness standards. Take responsibility for maintaining a clean and organised working environment.
• Collaborate effectively with the entire kitchen team to maintain a harmonious and productive work environment. Foster open communication and contribute to a positive team culture.
What we are looking for?
To be successful in this role, you must possess the following qualifications, attitude, behaviours, skills, and values:
• Proven experience as a Senior Chef d Partie, preferably within a similar style and size of restaurant.
• Solid knowledge of various cooking techniques, cuisines, and trends.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with kitchen staff, management, and suppliers.
• Attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining composure and quality.
• Level 2 or 3 Food Safety and Hygiene Certificate (or equivalent).
• Flexible availability, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
• A passion for food, creativity, and a commitment to delivering exceptional dining experiences.
• Full time (40 hour) Permanent contract
• Flexible shift pattern including evenings and weekends
• Paid annual leave of 28 days including Bank Holidays
• Use of some of The Lensbury’s leisure facilities, including gym & swimming pool (following probation)
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• Fully funded Apprenticeship opportunities
• Pension scheme after probation
• Staff Awards
• Staff Social
• Cycle to work scheme
• Free parking
• Referral programme
• Company sick pay
• Free meals whilst on duty